When posed with the question of what my personal Utopia would be like I drew a complete blank. That awful moment when you are forced to think of everything that bothers you in the world and nothing comes up happened, and man did it make this post aggravating. After searching for quite some time through the great abyss of nothing that is my brian I finally found the problem. I was searching in a world that I do not want to live in. I then asked myself, "What world would you like to live in then?", and the answer seemed almost obvious; The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Now before you tell me I simply can not exist in a world that existed in my head, I would like to share a wonderful quote from a very wise old man; "Of course it is happening in [my] head,…, but why on earth should that mean it is not real" (Albus Dumbledore, JK Rowling).
Hopefully by now you have accepted that The Wizarding World is real or you would have stopped reading. If you have decided to keep on going you are probably wondering how this world would be a Utopia at all? With dark wizards all around like The Death Eaters and Voldemort, and then Werewolves Vampires, Ghosts, Trolls, Giants…etc…The Wizarding World is far from a perfect world, but what I am talking about it much different. When I mean The Wizarding World, I mean the current one, with Hermione as the Minister of Magic, Harry as the lead Auror, Ron and George running Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, and Ginny as the Senior Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet. Now, that's a Utopia. Oh, and don't forget Neville as the Herbology Professor at Hogwarts and Malfoy finally believing Mudbloods are not scum!
Now, I know that to the muggle that you are none of what is listed above seem's at all beneficial. Then let me put it in perspective. The world that Harry grew up in was a world with mass manipulation of the Daily Prophet and extreme prejudices in regards to Muggles/ Mudbloods. Just imagine the Daily Prophet being our social media, and the Muggles/Mudbloods being the blacks/homosexuals/asians(etc). Yes, it took a war with many casualties for that to change in The Wizarding Word, but they still changed it. Now even the snobby, stuck up, pure-blood Malfoy's believe that Muggles and Mudbloods are just the same as everyone else. Now the media is controlled by the smart hands of Ginny Potter and Hermione Weasley, and crime is settled by Harry Potter himself. Now, tell me, if we had smart people in the position to run the society that we currently live in, why wouldn't our world be a Utopia? But, since we do not, I would rather go live in The Wizarding World. All I need are Tonks, Lupin, and Fred to come back and then it truly would be the best place on earth.
(Authors Side Note: All information about the current twentieth century Wizarding World said in this post can be found on any Harry Potter Wiki or Pottermore.com.)
(Authors Side Side Note: All information about the current twentieth center Wizarding World was written completely by memory. Yes, I read the Daily Prophet)
I like how you didn't think of your own utopia, but put yourself and a place that is a utopia to you. It is nice to see a version of Harry Potter through the eyes of someone else. Everyone interprets books differently and although I would not want to live in The Wizarding World you live in it all you want.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you talked about how you drew a blank when thinking about your utopia at first because I had the same problem.
ReplyDelete