Dank… sick brah… suhhh dude… literally… streak… i can't even… broski… chollo… bfffls…
This is common lingo used in today's society. If you where a person that just came to the United States, I'm sure you would be quite confused with the everyday conversation of some people, especially from adolescence. This type of specialized lingo is utilized in the movie Idiocracy to portray a form of satire. This movie uses terms like fag, retarded, and has a very large emphasis on sex and money. The use of these words are somewhat similar to what we do today with words like nigga, and beaner. Also, the obsession of sex and money are just exaggerations on what today's society obsessed with.
What this movie did was it took a sort of serious topic of todays society, and used satire to show its obscurity. It dumbed people down because stupidity is funny for the intelligent. It made derogatory words common to show that we use them often in society, and then made them funny. It took sex and made it a very big topic for that society. People laugh at sex, but they also are always drawn to it. Have you ever heard the term that sex sells… Well yeah, it does, especially in this movie. Also, money all everyone wants in this movie. That seem's to be the the case in todays society as well.
With all of these similarities between today and the movie, I can only hope that we do not fully evolve into the people of Idiocracy. If so, I really do hope I am not around for that time. I don't think I would be able to sit and watch my society crumble the way it did.
(I hope you enjoy yet another parallel between today and Idiocracy)

I love how you just went off! You presented a very strong argument and weren't afraid to challenge society. I agree that's it's a shame that society seems to be going down this path because even though we laugh at the people in the movie, it's the logical next step.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you compared words that are commonly used in the U.S. today to some of the words used in the movie.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you compared the idiocracy president (forgetting his name), to Donald Trump saying how he will lead us to the same path like water plants with gatorade.
ReplyDeleteI think that a lot of the vulgar slurs used today are really gross, and this movie definitely commented on it.
ReplyDelete